Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Yarn bombing in Burnham-On-Sea

I just wanted to show you some beautiful yarn bombing happening in my local town. It was such a pleasant and unexpected sight to see that I got wayyy too excited! I believe it is the local knitting/crochet club who have done some yarn bombing before in Burnham and made this in conjunction with the WW1 remembrance. A very lovely and thoughtful idea that will be spreading a nice bit of colour over Burnham-On-Sea :)
So what do you think? Me, my manager and local people from the area will be having a yarn bombing session in our town around the end of August/start of September. It is an exciting time as me and the rest of the team are in conjunction with Take Art Charity where we are going to design new postcards for Burnham which shows the arty side of the town. This is where the yarn bombing is coming into it hence why we need lots of knitted, crochet, stitched etc pieces! So if you are interested, please give me a shout and we can get the ball rolling :) Contact The Crafty Teacup Cafe for more information.

4 comments:

  1. Love these, esp the flowers on the walls. I posted a super similar piece from Canada in my most recent blog entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    My name is Ana but most the people (mainly online) prefer to call me Anne. I am a snail mailer from Portugal and I decided to update my blog. ‘Yes, and so what?’ Well, I wonder if you can help me spread the word because I don’t have much foreign readers and I’d love to. So, go check out my blog: http://annemeetstheworld.blogspot.pt/ if you want to.
    I would greatly appreciate your help!
    Oh by the way, I found your blog by coincidence and I loved it. Keep up with the great work.
    Best regards,
    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    Oh, this looks so pretty!

    Have the best week ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)