Thursday, 25 September 2014

The yarn bombing project

We did it folks, we completed the yarn bombing project! I have been keeping this a bit hush hush until it was all done and dusted. And look, it really is complete!



So what is the story behind all this yarn bombing? Well, a Somerset based charity called Take Art got us on the first stepping stone but giving a small chunk of money to make some sort of change in my local town (Burnham-On-Sea). Now, when I say 'us' I mean the Crafty Teacup Cafe team - this includes some of the staff (me too!) and local customers. Everyone was so generous and made a lovely amount of handmade goodies for the finale - and what a finale it was! The team then go up VERY early nearly a week ago now and got started on the project where we yarn bombed a small shelter on the seafront. It was huge amounts of fun and I am super glad I helped out with this great idea. The final outcome will soon be a postcard for Burnham-On-Sea of the final yarn bombed area where we will put the money raised from the postcard towards a new mental health charity in aid of Charley Marks - a local young guy who tragically took his life a couple of weeks ago.

I just want to say a HUGE thank you for everyone who took part and got crafty for this project. You are all absolute stars! I really cannot wait to show you all the final postcard which will be available to buy very soon! So be sure to stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)