Sunday, 4 January 2015

Sizzix machine

Time to kick off the New Year with a craft related post so say a big hello to my new Sizzix machine.
I have wanted one of these babies for quite some time now but due to the cost, it hasn't been all that feasible. However, at Christmas time I had a Hobbycraft voucher and decided to finally make that all important purchase.

The Sizzix machine is basically a press, something similar to what you might have in a print room but on a much smaller scale. This one can easily fit on a small table and stay firmly in place to make precise and easy cutting. There are also lots of different 'dies' which basically cut out the shapes of your choice as well as embossing into different materials.
I bought the package deal which also came with some dies, paper and other such useful pieces so I can actually start right away. I thought this would be perfect for new ideas for my jewellery as well as finally starting to make my own occasion cards. The press and dies make very precise shapes all in the space of about 30 seconds so I think you can understand how handy this machine really is!
I am hoping to get a few more dies so I can vary my jewellery pieces a bit more as well as inspiring me to start up some more workshops where I currently live. Not only can it cut paper but also foam, felt and certain types of material which I am even more excited over. Such a clever little thing!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How awesome is this! I love crafting anything, and I may be slightly jealous you have this:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I want one! Also I have not forgot about your generous offer and will email you this week about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! great post
    xx
    Coco
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This machine looks so cool!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend has a similar machine that we make birthday and Christmas cards with, but it is not nearly as cute as that! That's pretty sweet that it can cut things other than paper (I'm not sure hers does or not), but if so, what possibilities it's opens up, hehe. Happy New Year Sammy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)