Thursday, 12 March 2015

A National Trust Getaway

Hey folks, apologies for the slight lack of blogging recently, I have been a busy bee organising my ...life I guess. I am not sure if many of you know but since Christmas I have been looking into support teaching in schools which includes sorting out the right course for me as well as a volunteer placement. After 3 gruelling months things are starting to fall into place with the best part being I now have two volunteer placements! This is very exciting news for both me and my family with happy thoughts of hopefully getting into one of my dream careers in the not too distant future.

But onto other news, here is a very delayed blog post on mine and Ben's trip to Tyntesfield - a Victorian Gothic Revival House on the way towards Bristol. I have been itching to make this long awaited visit and it did not disappoint. From the outside in my words, it does look a bit hicaldy picaldy but this is down to lots of building on/taking parts down throughout the years as well as a heck of a lot of restoration. I will also add that this is something that is still going on with many hidden secrets hence the lack of inside photos. Many of the curtains were drawn to prevent any fading which made photographing particular rooms pretty darn difficult. Despite this it was a very spectacular house with a lot of stories to tell so please do make a visit if you are ever in the area.

I will be back later on next week as I have a job interview on Monday (eek!) as well as my first voluntary placement at a Primary School. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the placements, that's great news! Good luck with the job interview too and your new career path in general. Exciting times ahead!

    Tyntesfield is fab; the grounds are lovely to wander. And the house is rather interesting looking, isn't it? Apparently the family made their money from importing bird poo (there is a fancier sounding word for that but I can't remember it!). I thought my dad was winding me up when he first told me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but the best of luck for you now and in the future. :)

    An oh my goodness, I am in love! I'm such a sucker for old architecture. Not only that, there is also a garden; one of my favorite hobbies.<333
    I will definitely visit when I'm able to travel again.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the great news! :) So happy for you and I love the look of this place. The National Trust network in the UK totally fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your work if paying off - congratulations!
    Also, that place is truly beautiful...

    Have the best week ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cool! hope you two had a lovely trip:)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you are so right, from outside it looks a bit like some lost-witches-horror-movie-scene, but I really liked the photos you took.
    Congrats on the jobs, go for it, it surely will be a great experience!
    Best wishes, Elena xx
    Elena Loca - Fashion, Photography, Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!)
    Fell in love with your blog! You did a great job!

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to visit. I love these pictures. :)
    And congrats on your volunteer placements, it's so good that everything is going so well for you -
    I also hope the job interview went well. ;)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Volunteering is great!!! Hope you can share your experiences!!!
    And btw, great photos from your trip!!!
    XOXO from Shanghai

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)