Monday, 28 September 2015

Dismaland

Guess what guys? I finally visited Dismaland! The location of this attraction is only a 20 minute drive for me so I felt I really did not have an excuse at all. Especially as some people traveled from all over the world which still amazes me even now.

If you don't know anything about Dismaland, basically it is a pop up theme park with a bit of twist. The twist being it isn't your average attraction... think grumpy staff, broken toys and generally things to make you feel pretty dismal! This was created by the artist Banksy as well as lots of other artists which really made for a great theme park in my opinion.
I managed to go on the very last day it was open so I really did feel extra special. Everything was PACKED but despite all that, it was totally worth it. The attraction has brought so much to the town and it is definitely going to be the talk of the town for years to come. I am happy that I was part of that and I am even more happy to say I was there to see it all!
Any bloggers out there visit Dismaland too? What was your favourite part? Mine was the the cross stitched vehicle including the iron plates pictured above. I also enjoyed the people dressed up as seagulls and surprising EVERYONE. I really wish I had that on film.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would have loved to see it in person, but I am much to far, hahah. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must've been living under a rock coz this is the first time I've heard of Dismaland! This sounds right up my alley...hehe....who doesn't love grumpy staff?!? And those iron plates are just awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woww this place is amazing looks really fun. hope you could check my blog too =) http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to visit it, it sounded awesome. I heard they stripped it down and gave the materials to build houses for the refuges to which is a really nice thing xoxo

    Cateaclysmic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a lot about Dismaland and really wanted to be able to visit but it's great to be able to live vicariously though your photos! You are so lucky to have been able to see Bansky's creation and all the artists who participated in person!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow I am too far away to go so am excited to see this post! aw looks like it was really cool!!!

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so intrigued by Dismaland as it's been receiving mixed reviews from bloggers lately - it sure does sound like a lot of fun! :) I know it's meant to be ironic, but the castle is actually super pretty haha!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. im so intrigued by this place!! can't believe i haven't heard of it!! :D great twist on the amusement park!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. You went to Dismaland!! I am so miffed that I missed it. Love your pics x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)