Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Chit Chat About The Synthpop Circus Shop

Today I am going to have a rather chatty yet chilled talk about something which has been on my mind lately and thought it was about time I talked about it with you all. I must admit, I do enjoy the wordy blog posts from you all where you are just being brutally honest and letting all those thoughts be put down on paper (so to speak). I scheduled this blog post in my mind and since today I got myself a small notepad which I am dedicating to my blog posts and of course this slightly wordy blog post for you all, horrah!

So enough of that, lets get straight to it! I have always had huge issues with my shop and I always kept thinking I NEED A STYLE, I NEED A THEME and I really must stick to it. I went through so many phases where I just wanted to make pencil cases, I just wanted to make items out of fimo clay and I just wanted to sell vintage clothing. However, until very recently I have realised that I actually do not care. I am going to sell whatever I want and not have a theme because I have learnt that this is just the way I am. I just like making everything and you know what, that is okay.
Since this afternoon I have started uploading old crafts to my shop again because they are something I really enjoyed making and always want to continue making for you guys. They may not fit with everything else but accessories are accessories and there are a heck of a lot of them in various different categories. I guess what I am trying to say is don't feel like you have to stick to a theme, this isn't just for craft makers but also for illustrators, photographers and yes, even writers. I know it is nice to have a theme and so many of you do it so well but don't get worried and upset if you cannot do that. I spent a large portion of my time thinking I really need to sort this out and get my crafts in some sort of order when really I could just sell everything and anything that I liked which also means I could potentially appeal to a larger audience.
What are your opinions on this matter? Do you like shops that sell a range of items or ones that stick to a theme? Expect a range of different crafts and maybe some new ones in the future as I am very much enjoying my new thought process on my shop and what I will be selling in the future. A big smiley face from Sammy :)

13 comments:

  1. I struggled with this a bit as well! I originally started my etsy shop for selling my jewelry, but then I wanted to put up some of my photos as well. At first I thought I should just do a whole new shop! But then I realized that it didn't really matter if I lumped them together (at least it didn't to me anyway!) And that's what they created those categories for right? I don't mind if a shop sells a range of items, in fact, I think I prefer it! I love all your crafts by the way, soo cute! Especially lemongraaaaab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree you should sell everything and anything you want there's no need for limitations you're only limiting your creativity if you do that. I like to try out different things every so often and my biggest sellers in my shop are actually things I never initially planned on selling so I'm all for shops that sell a wide range of items. Also I am loving that bow it's super cute xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some shops sticking to a theme could be nice but I LOVE variety! That shows how diverse you are, increases your chances in getting noticed and may open you up to custom orders :D I tried sticking to the same old stuff and it gets boring when you want to branch out to new things. It must be so tough when people choose a limiting shop name and it's much harder to introduce different items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've never been too worried about sticking to a theme haha! I don't think it's even possible for me to stick to a theme even if I was trying my very best! You do your own thing and don't worry about it for a second! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've realised what works best for you - making everything and anything sounds like a lot of fun and will enable you to be as creative as you please.. which can only benefit your online shop! :) Good luck!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its great that you do what you love and I think your pieces are really cute! I wish you all the best for your shop!
    Thanks a lot for your last comment : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all so so beautiful! The cat one, Lemon Grab and the shell are my favourites of yours xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! Make all the things! I've found your thoughts on this quite helpful actually. I'm a bit of a magpie maker, too. There are lots of different things that appeal to me and that I'd like to make. I'm yet to open a store as it's hard to pick one thing, so this is really encouraging! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your shop, dear!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like when a shop has a certain theme, but that is more down to the style and not the individual product type.
    I think you have a very consistent identity!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love and appreciate everything! adorable pieces!

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)