Friday, 30 October 2015

October Instagram Month

I love October and everything it stands for so if I am honest, I am a little sad to see this month go by. October has brought a lovely spout of unexpected warm weather here in the UK as well as crisp Autumn leaves, pumpkins galore and of course Halloween. I feel like I have soaked it all up as much as I possibly could so be sure to take a peek at my photos and what I have been up to behind the scenes.
Like I said before, I feel like I have got my fair share of all things Autumnal even just from venturing out into town and having a look around. Me and Ben picked up two pumpkins this year, one teeny tiny one from the supermarket and another more rustic beast from a local farm. The only trouble is we didn't actually get around to carving them so they are both sitting on my bedside table looking beautiful as ever.
I have been spending a bit more time just to myself this month. I do enjoy my own company from time to time and I did just that during half term whilst Ben was working. Sometimes it is nice just to shop and eat all to yourself, I know it isn't for everyone but spending time on yourself is something very important to me.
I have been keeping my mind ticking over with creative outlets. I wouldn't say I have been crafting constantly but I have taken more time to think my blog content over as well as planning and making my Halloween costume. Can you guess from the last image what I dressed up as? Only Oblina from 'Ahh Scary Monsters' of course!

Onto an important note, I am sure many of you have heard about Essena O'Neil quitting social media due to the problems it has caused her during her teenage life. I fully respect what she has done and think it does need a serious look at and even a change to how we view social media. I have also thought about this regarding my own accounts and have decided to remove my Twitter account and videos from YouTube. I have never been happy with these accounts and feel I just look at them as numbers which is real bad thing to do to me personally. Essena has really opened up my eyes to this and made me think this needs to change. So to take away those negative thoughts from my head, I have decided to get rid of them. Out of sight, out of mind. I wouldn't say I am going to stop YouTubing, I do have lots of ideas that I want to do with Ben which I feel very passionate about and feel I can really put my heart and soul into them. What I had previously wasn't something I had a love for (including Twitter) so I hope you all respect my decision and understand why I have done this. Thanks guys xox

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy! I hope you're well :) I completely agree with spending time to yourself, as I find it lets me think about what I'm doing and where I'm going next! I hope you had a great Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an introvert, I totally hear yah about having some alone time. I would go crazy if I don't get to have that once in awhile! And you know, I've never heard of Essena until she quit Instagram and it was on the news feed. Good for her for doing that. Social media can really give a skewed up view of what "reality" is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved October too and it was lovely to get a couple of sunny, bright days too! I fully understand why you've decided to remove those accounts :) Big love and no worries! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not a fan of fall but October has been an ok month :) oddly it's not getting colder (except in the mornings and evenings) and so I may be able to enjoy a bit more of this weather until it gets freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Instagram review. Nice pics! I like October with its golden colors a lot :)
    Thanks a lot for your last comment! I always appreciate your thoughts on my posts a lot : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a bit sad to see October go as well. But! Now I am all about Christmas since I am an insane person like that. :) It's so easy to get caught up on all these social media accounts and get really overwhelmed. I don't like feeling like I HAVE to post something, it definitely takes out all the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)