Friday, 5 August 2016

I Went To Japan

This post is long overdue. It's so long overdue that I am actually pretty embarrassed for myself but hey, I have finally made myself sit down and talk about one of the best experiences of my life. So let's get started. Getting on for nearly 3 months ago now, me and my super good friend - Ellie went to Japan for 10 days. To some it may not sound like a huge amount of time but trust me, it felt like we had been in Japan for months (and I mean that in the best way possible). Why did it feel like we had been away for so long? Well, we were busy non stop, early mornings and late bed times meant we were really making the most of our time in such a beautiful country and doing everything we had every wanted and so much more. Luckily I have managed to document each day with a huge amount of photographs (roughly 1000!) but don't worry, I'm just going to show you all the bestest bits and give a bit of a story behind each one. Enjoy :)

As sad as it sounds, a big highlight of the trip for me was going to the Pokemon Centre. It was just insane. Ellie managed to film me going into the shop and my reaction to EVERYTHING that I saw. If I get the chance to show you guys that film, I will be sure to put it up on here for you all.

Food was something I was really looking forward to in Japan and it really did not disappoint. Many dishes I had never heard of before let alone tried and as far as I remember, there was nothing I hated (although I never was brave enough to try Natto so maybe that could of changed that answer!).
Electric Town was a really fun part of Tokyo to visit. I loved all the endless amounts of gachapon machines, technology filled stores and most importantly, geek shops to last a lifetime! If you are a massive Anime nerd then this is probably your idea of heaven.
The second half of the tour was definitely much more cultural where we managed to gaze upon many beautiful temples. The colours were so vibrant and I have now found myself falling in love with THAT orange. Also, the deer were incredibly cute yet slightly naughty. One deer managed to eat most of my ticket to a museum although lucky enough for me I had already been inside.
It was really hard picking the past few photos but I thought what would be better than showing you a bit of nightlife. Say hello to the Glico Man, a life size Gundam and of course my partner in crime - Ellie <3

If you would like to see anymore photos or have any questions then please be sure to comment below and I will reply best I can or better yet, I may make another post if the questions are a little more detailed. I don't think a day goes by when there isn't some part of the trip that I think about and get happy little goosebumps. A holiday has never quite made me feel like that before and maybe that is a sign that I must go back in the future and experience everything all over again, let's hope so :)



Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Youtube Follow me on Tumblr Follow me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like the most amazing trip! I have always been interesting in visiting Japan, but am super intimidated. I feel like I would get so lost there! I would love to see more photos and also any traveling tips you could recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Everything about this trip sounds incredible - I can't get over how brave those deer are, even if they are a bit naughty, haha! I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time Sammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say how jealous I am?!?! It looked like you were able to go the Sailor Moon Café....woot! And I would've been super excited too to go to Pokémon Centre as well:) Great to see these pics, and to read you've had a great time. Please do post more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to visit and I hope I do one day. Just too darn expensive to go where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to visit Japan especially during Sakura season. Love the life size Gundam btw.

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, that looks incredible :) I want to go to Japan to

    ReplyDelete
  7. you went to the sailor moon exhibit too! nice!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant travel diary - from what I can tell, there seems to be something new and interesting at every single turn! The colours of Japan never fail to impress me; it's staying firmly put on my travel wishlist until I visit! :) Hope you've having a great weekend..

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. how wonderful! my husband and i have been meaning to go for like forever. one of these days we certainly we trek over. that life size gundam!! i would love to see in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)