Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Happy Birthday To Me!

Guess who is a year older? Me, me, me! I can't say I am massively thrilled but what did make me happy was going to Hyper Japan on my birthday (the 27th November to be precise) and enjoying all that sweet, sweet goodness straight from the heart of Japan.

So, me and Ben travelled up to London for my birthday weekend and first got to grips with the tube situation (not going to lie, I let Ben do all that because I'm pretty rubbish) and then made our way to China Town to eat lots of yummy food and try to find cool stuff that isn't just typical high street stores. We managed to find the Japan Centre and JP Books suggested by a super good friend of mine and then grabbed some yummy in my tummy steamed buns to get rid of the hunger from all that walking. Once the evening came to a close, we ended up making instant ramen in our hotel room and played the night away on Pokemon (yep, we are hardcore!).
The next day was... HYPER JAPAN! I had never been before until my birthday of course so I had no idea what to expect. But yeah, it was amazing and I very much plan on going again next year :) There were many different sections to the venue itself from the food court, to handmade jewellery and not forgetting the main stage for lots of super fun shows. I particularly loved the mini stage where you could listen to singers or watch martial arts, it was just nice to relax after fun packed shopping and manic photo taking at the Gudetama area. Yeah, it was great and I cannot recommend this event enough if you are into all things cute, nerdy and Japanese. Leading off from that, I also want to say a huge thank you for all the birthday messages on Instagram. This was such a nice surprise to see and made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the coach ride home, you guys are the best <3


Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Youtube Follow me on Tumblr Follow me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! And what a perfect way to celebrate! Looks like you had lots of fun:) And I hope you treated yourself to a bunch of cool items too;)

    There's some sort of Japanese kawaii geek fest here in January, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed I can make it to that. Perhaps I can even score some Pom Pom Purin stuff! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)