Monday, 13 February 2017

Reminiscing Over 90's Toys

I find that I get moments in my life where I suddenly start reminiscing over toys that I had during my childhood. They will come in random spouts where I find myself looking on eBay and thinking "Oh yeah, I remember that!" or "My friend had one of those, it was so much fun!" and today has been one of those days :)
Once I got too old for certain toys, I would go to car boot sales with my mum and sell a large chunk off or give them to charity shops. Looking back on it now, I really wish I hadn't of done that so I could of kept them and given them to my future children. Not only that but they seem to have gone up in value SO MUCH! Seriously, I have seen sellers having a minimum bid of £49.99 on one Polly Pocket plus figure, that's crazy!
During my late teens was when I started to collect old toys again. I would visit charity shops on a weekly basis and pick up a load of cheap videos, 90's Barbie dolls and even the odd Polly Pocket. Back then I could pick them up so much more cheaply than you can now and I'm so glad I did this when I did! I would even find them super cheap on eBay in much better condition with added extras such as shoes or combs. It just proves that keeping your old toys is the right thing to do, especially if it's something that will go up in value years to come.

Do you still collect toys from your childhood? If so, I would love to know what you are collecting!


Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Youtube Follow me on Tumblr Follow me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. I've kept most of my toys from childhood back in my old house. :)
    And yes, it's crazy how expensive these things have gotten!

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Polly Pocket! I have such good memories attached to those toys haha :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember furby, they were so popular and they came back, I wanted to buy one for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I also still collect my 90s toys especially barbies, plushes, and happy meal toy from Mc Donalds, lol! I still love them however :))

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |FACEBOOK| |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)